Big Sugar Buried Evidence to Hide Sugar Harms
Here's another health article from Mercola.com. Sugar is in everything. It's hidden. High Fructose Corn Syrup is pure evil and should be banned...just my thoughts.
- The sugar industry has long known that sugar consumption triggers poor health, but hid the incriminating data, much like the tobacco industry hid the evidence linking smoking to lung cancer
- Historical documents show the sugar industry has spent decades manipulating, molding and guiding nutritional research to exonerate sugar by shifting the blame for obesity and heart disease to saturated fat
- The documents also show the sugar industry buried evidence from the 1960s that linked sugar consumption to heart disease and bladder cancer. At the time, food additives shown to cause cancer in animals were banned
- Sucrose was also found to have an adverse effect on cholesterol and triglycerides
- Just like it defended sugar in food by shifting the blame onto dietary fats, the sugar industry also made sure sugar did not become a concern within dentistry by shifting the focus onto the need for fluoride
Read the full article here at Mercola.com.